We all get stressed at some time in our working life, some more than others. How we deal with stress is the main difference that separates us from each other.
Stress can affect your ability to work, consequently affecting your business, but more importantly – your health.
Stress is ‘taken’ by the individual and not ‘given’ by the pressure of work. In other words, it is not about being faced with pressure, but more how we react to pressure. Stress is only natural and you cannot eliminate it altogether. Instead, you have to learn how to control or ‘manage’ stress to avoid the negative symptoms that we are threatened by.
Our programme helps the participants to learn strategies for managing stress and deal with it in a positive manner.
- To identify causes of stress
- To understand how it affects us
- To explore different options for minimising and dealing with stress
- Relaxation techniques
- Breath control
- Understanding emotional intelligence
- Exploring mindfulness techniques
- Desktop exercises to manage the physical effects of stress on the body
- Body Scanning to identify where stress starts
Skills & Knowledge you will obtain
After completing this workshop, participants will have the skills and knowledge to:
- Manage personal stress and work related stress
- Become aware of your stressors and your emotional and physical reactions
- Recognise what you can change
- Respond to stressful situations by using effective techniques
- Moderate your physical reactions to stress
- Utilise your own inner resources to find greater health and well being
What our customers are saying about the courses we offer
“Thoroughly enjoyed the course and found it extremely useful.”
“The cd is a very nice touch to the course and it was very interesting”
“Trish was very open and had a very calm voice which helped me a lot. She made the course easy to follow and I will take a lot away from the session.”
“Trish is very knowledgeable and she opened my eyes to lots of areas in which I can improve my stress levels and relaxation techniques.”
“A very enjoyable and informative course.”
“I learnt some very simple and easy techniques to help me to cope in stressful situations.”